Fingers crossed and no ladders

Today its Friday the 13th and though I'm a little bit superstitious, I have managed to get dressed and have breakfast and have sent the kids out to play!

It makes me think though, why does the number 13 represent phobias and superstition. When I was in university, I lived at number 14 which was next to number 12, no number 13 there!

If you have a phobia of today and are still sat in bed in your pj's with the duvet up tight did you know that you suffer from paraskevidekatriaphobia! Its a mouthful!

So, while reading about the superstitions linked with today, I 've been thinking about the superstitions that I follow (which have been passed on to me by my mother). Here's my list, maybe you can add yours on the end:
  • putting new shoes on the table is bad luck
  • whistling on a Sunday brings you bad luck
  • throwing salt over your shoulder if you've spilt some!
And just because you need some tunes for a Friday here is the best superstitious song ever:



BNM


Comments