Why 2 will do!

Having two girls I inevitably get asked the question - wouldn't you like a little boy and to be honest no. And I don't want another baby either thank you very much. We had come to this decision shortly after having Car, I more so than Neb, especially when my midwife piped up with "When you have the next one, it'll have to be an elective C section because your thing obviously is to keep a hold of the placenta after birth!" (yes, I know tmi - but if you do want to know more Bel's story is here and Car's is on the to do list!)
I'd barely recovered from having Car so the thought of the next one made me want to scream

We had discussions and even though I know Neb is happy with his two girls I think deep down he'd have liked a boy! But, we both know that financially we are in enough debt and have major money issues now so the thought of having a number 3 is a no-no. Since, having that talk I had the talk with him about vasectomy but apparently it may ruin his manhood (his words) so that's also a no-no. I even broached the subject with his mum - asking if she'd made his dad do it but apparently not.

I can also say that even though friends continue to have cute babies (yes you Mrs C) I am definitely glad that the baby years have past us. I need my beauty (HA HA) sleep!

So what did I spend last night doing, well looking after a grumpy grizzly 6 month old. Gee, thanks. And why, so my husband and his dad (a single dad) could go and play effin pool. Yes, I'm tired and grumpy so bear with. It doesn't help that said husband and friend decided not to come home until 1am! On a WORK NIGHT.
 I cannot do this lack of sleeping doodah anymore.
I'm glad that my kids go to bed when told (most of the time anyway!) 
I'm glad that my kids eat proper food -and not just milk
I'm glad that my kids don't need burping or nappy changing
I'm glad that I can have conversations with my children and that I understand them*
I'm glad and thankful that my kids are who they are.

What about you? Are you happy with your family or do you crave for sleepless nights (you nutter!)

BNM

* that is most of the time, Car does sometimes talk at you in made up Welsh and then moan at you because you don't understand her!


Comments