What to do with the kids?

With both the girls now in school, Neb has restarted to look for a job but we have a problem.

If he gets a job (no easy task in this current climate) what are we to do with the kids over the summer holidays. Working in a busy office I have booked my allocated time off and that is sorted. But summer holidays lasts 6 weeks and though they can go to their grandparents for a week that still leaves us with 3 weeks to sort!

I have had a quick look around and am astonished by the cost.

One local play scheme wants £27/child/day and are then only open for the first 4 weeks of the holidays.As I've booked the last of these two week as my holiday that would mean that we would need to pay out £540 for the first two weeks on childcare! And then find somewhere for them to go for the 2 weeks that we were missing.

I don't know what to do! I so want Neb to get himself back in the job market but am also aware that neither of us want the kids farmed out and not with us over the holidays. I cannot understand why the government cannot help more in these situations!

BNM

Comments