Packed lunch ban!

What do your kid eat at school? Do they eat a pack lunch?

Well, I've just read the most outrageous thing ever, apparently we should not feed our children a pack lunch from the mouth of C rated celebrity!

My kids like am sure many of yours are sometimes fussy eaters. When Bel first started school she did get a school lunch but after weeks of her coming home starving, because she didn't like the food and wasn't like in my day forced to eat it, we went over to the pack lunch side.

Car, now also in school, has a pack lunch and she loves it. There is a no chocolate rule in school and I make sure that both their lunchboxes are healthy. Both get a fruit of some sort, a sandwich or other savoury, a drink, a yoghurt and a packet of crisps. They both come home having eaten it all! There are no tears, no moaning and yet according to him it is something that needs to be stopped.

I assume this knowledge he has are from children that he may or may not see very often (I don't really keep up with celebs!) and if he is seeing that their packed lunch is unhealthy then why doesn't he change his. I know that in this recession era £1.90 a day/child /week is a lot and to me who has to count the pennies am sure that I spend less on the girls packed lunch.

What do you think?

BNM

Comments