My flags aren't out

Unless you've been hiding under a rock you will know that its the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend (from Saturday). Which to be honest makes me cross. We normally have two bank holidays in May (one at the start and one at the end) and just because old Queenie has been ruling the country for the last 60 years, we get another one!

If you've gathered I'm not a royalist. I don't see the point in the royal family and didn't join with the wedding fever last year. In fact, we took the kids to the zoo instead! I guess its a family thing, something we were never bought up to believe in. The first year I ever saw the Queens' Speech at Christmas at my in laws as it was something that we never watched at home. I don't see the point of them (all of them now) and only thing I can see their good for is for tourists. I once got a bus to London and went "oh look Buckingham palace anyone got a match!"

Friends in work have said that I shouldn't take the extra bank holiday as I feel this way but I'm taking it because its half term and will be the only extra day I can take off with the kids.


Neb's mum has told him that we must do something for the kids as its their heritage. I broached the subject with them tonight and both Car and Bel wanted to have a family adventure.

I don't hate all you royalists out there but think of the money that has been spent to have parties when we are at the bottom of a recession hole. It also annoys me that a story in our local paper noted that the road out of our cul-de-sac will be closed due to the Jubilee street party. Something that no one on our street knew about! I may make Neb park the car somewhere else on Sunday night!

To all of you folk having parties, I do wish you all the fun but I will be out walking in the wild with my family.

BNM

Comments