Digital Record

Its funny in this day and age how we've all got a footprint in the world - an electronic footprint.

I mean if you google my real name - all the hits are me. The first one I get is my work me, then there's the google + me and then Facebook. Its scary.

Then of course we all have our photos- digital and not which are a record of my life. You may also have a recording of yourself from a radio /television programme.

So, imagine the shock I had last night while watching a tv programme to see my mum. In the flesh. On tv. I was stunned into silence and then the tears came.

Neb said I should be happy that I have memories like this of her to see and watch and that he knew he wouldn't see his mum on tv when she died. At the time, I didn't get it - I was numb and muted.

But this morning, in the clear light of day I watched it again. I even showed the girls. Their Mamgu (grandmother) on tv. The lady they had never met, the woman who never knew what her daughter had grown into and the granddaughters she has.

And now, through the power of the media, they could meet her.

BNM

Comments

  1. Oh my god that must have really rocked you - what was it on and how come they had film of your mum? Hope you are all well xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont