Stampede

(honestly my blog titles are getting worse!)

If your based in the UK you will have known that on Monday the price of a first class stamp went up to 60p. Outrage ensued. But I've decided that actually that is not a bad thing. I think well done them. And my reasons:

Well see this:


This the penny black came out in 1840. It cost 1p to send your post.

And now 172 years later it will cost you 60p to send a letter. Not bad really, seeing as we now have better transport networks etc.

But what has stood out for me today (and really the whole point of this post) is that it cost £1.25 to send a letter to America. I am shocked - I thought it would be loads more!*

So cut the Royal Mail some slack, they are still doing a good job

BNM

* I've no idea how long it will take to actually get there - its for Neb's cousins wedding which is tomorrow (its not going to get there for that!)


Comments