Goto read a classic

Image: Surachai / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I've said it before my best ever classic book to read is Jane Eyre ( I love it love it love it, but never to watch they always get the main characters wrong, normally too good looking) and while reading with Bel tonight at bed time I wondered when I could start her on the classics.

Which classics would a 7 yo like - a 7 yo who has poo pooed the Secret Seven! (apparently it was too boring)

So, while searching the web I made this list:

  • Huckleberry Finn -contains drunk fathers, boy who fakes own death
  • Treasure Island - pirates galore, may include rum
  • Black Beauty - horses, cabs and dying
  • Watership Down- rabbits, mixametoses and dying
Bit deathly aren't they.

Do your kids read the classics? Any suggestions?

BNM




Comments