Letting go

The attic is full.

There is no more room.

Our small house is bursting at the seams so it may be time to let the clothes and paraphernalia go.

So why is it that I feel sad. My girls aren't babies any more and with Neb turning 40 on Saturday, I know we won't be having any more. In fact, I've said so myself but why do I feel sad.

There is a sale in the local town this weekend so I know I should sort the big items out. But somehow, I am holding on to the large things. The Graco Travel system that though not a four wheeler we went up a forest track with. The inflatable baby bath that we used when Bel was young to wash her at friend's wedding. The steriliser that has a hole in the side when I left the iron on! So many things, not needed.. yet...still there, hanging on to my emotions!

I'm sure am not the only one who feels this way though!

BNM

Comments