Time Travelling Fun

Bel has said she'd like to be a time traveller when she's grown up - or as she knows now a historian/archaeologist unless they could just invent a proper tardis. She loves loves LOVES all thing historic and loves going round castles, abbeys, random ruins etc. Which is a good thing really as we do lots of it (being members of both the national trust and English Heritage).

I've mentioned before about the girls becoming members of the Time Traveller's Go Club - a special events club just for kids. Well on the weekend we popped over to my in laws in the midlands and visited another event (yes this is the reason why we went to theirs after they'd been to ours).

Can I just say (and I'm not being paid for this!)  that we had a whale of a time. The girls enjoyed every minute of it, even Car.

The event was a Time Traveller's Go Ghost and Ghouls at Kenilworth Castle and armed with their passports we headed in. At the ticket desk the girls got given their new sticker, and as it was their second they were also presented with medals and posters. I was a bit worried at this thinking that if they'd got them now maybe they wouldn't take part in anything but how wrong was I.

There were many events held during the day and as we'd arrived with 5 mins to spare we joined the Ghost Walk. Taking the walk were two fabulous actors , Sarah and Tobias. They were dressed as Victorian Ghost Hunters and took a crowd of children (and parents) around the castle to different places to 'see' if they could get anybody there. The characters, became possessed by the ghost and would then tell the story. All of the ghosts featured weren't from Kenilworth Castle but laughs were had. I was very shocked by how well behaved Car was and she seemed to get more and more into it as they went on.

The tour went on for about 45 mins and ended in the Graveyard. The graveyard tour then began. The tour focused on stupid deaths through the centuries (yes we all sang the song from Horrible Histories) and both the girls got to pick a death, Car picked the one about the Boston Molasses Flood while Bel picked Franz Reichelt's story.

The tour ended just as the heavens began to open so we legged it to the tearooms. The tea drank by all was very warming and then as we were all so tired we ended the day with the usual visit to the shop.

Another great day out and being the keen beaver that I am, I have already (fingers crossed as it is half term and one of my busy weeks) planned the next time traveller's day out -Knights and Princesses next year.

If you are looking for something to keep the kids occupied during the next school holidays then why not check out and see if there's an event next to you. We, at the BNM household reckon its a good idea and so much fun!

BNM

I have not been sponsored to write this post it was just such a great day out that I wanted to share it with you!

 



Comments

  1. I grew up a few mile from Kenilworth Castle and spent many an afternoon there. Although, I have never been since they did the Gardens.

    I will have to change that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at your next adventure and realised I now live up the road from Bolsover Castle - you never know I might see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont