Looking too young, feeling old

On our monthly shop on Monday, we popped into our local Morrison's. We filled the trolley up and joined the endless queues. As always, we tried to get one near the bench so that the girls could sit down. Joining the queue we unloaded the shopping and wine onto the counter (i know there's a word for it but my brain has died!).  The lady before us paid up and I went to start packing.
I was in a world of my own when the assistant asked for ID. I blustered and went why? Apparently the supermarket have a policy of being over 25 before buying alcohol. I can understand this but I'm 35! When I answered that I didn't have any ID (I don't drive so no driving licence to show), I said that Neb had ID. But, no, he wasn't allowed to show his because I may be under the legal age. I got a bit angry until a store manager passed and she asked him if I looked over 18. He said yes and I luckily was allowed to bring the wine home!

So after that moment of looking younger than my age (I honestly feel about 40 most days and thought I looked it too!) why is it I feel old.

Bel came home from school yesterday and got changed deciding not to put any socks on. The sight of her bare feet, and the weather drawing in sent shivers up my spine. Maybe its a sign of old age seeing bare feet. Or is it just me.

I feel cold just looking at this - better go and fetch a jumper, slippers and a woolly hat!


BNM


Comments