Let's talk about sex

Its happening, I know it is, Bel is growing up.

More so, I think she knows about SEX. Mostly about the fact that Mummy and Daddy do it. And, how do I know this - well she hasn't walked in on us yet, thank god!

Now, I know because over half term (which seems eons away now), while Neb's family was up - I overheard a conversation (I couldn't really help it) between her and Neb's brother (Uncle D).

Bel was explaining Dr Who to Uncle D. He asked who River was and she explained that River was Amy and Rory's child. Uncle D then said "Oh, I thought she was Amy and the Dr's child". Bel replied with a "No, Amy and the Dr don't do things like that, not the things that mummy and daddy do". I looked at her, astonished and thanked god that Neb as usual was talking sixteen to the dozen and that his mum didn't hear it.

So, I guess, this means I'm going to have to have THE talk with her. You know that one, that I never remember having with my mum. Oh god, what do I say - I mean she kinda knows (basic terms) about babies and that they come out of bellies (one good reason for having a 3 year gap between her and Car) but do I go further.

Please, if you've had the talk with your children, then let me know, otherwise I'm going to have to go down this route:



Comments