Inlaws Part 1

Hello all

Well we've survived the in- laws  and are now home safely!

We've been fed and have shopped and have had mostly fun , apart from two things. One you'll get here and one in the next post!

So the first thing was the fact that Car isn't really eating (again) raised its ugly head. Neb had decided that for our second night there (Wednesday) we should all go out to save his mum cooking ( she won't let anyone else into the kitchen!) which was fine up until Car's main arrived. We were at Pizza Express and I apologise if you were at the branch in Sutton Coldfield and saw this manic mum in tears gripping her child and getting pissed off when Grandparents then told us loudly what we were doing wrong. And how wonderful Bel was.

But I remember Bel having the same issues - and apparently we are treating Car different. And Yes maybe I was but to be honest I get very defensive when Neb's parents tell us we are doing things badly - its something to do with the red hair!

Car ate her dough balls fine, then refused to eat her spaghetti bolognese which was in fact more of a bolognese with twisty pasta - she had a tantrum that it wasn't spaghetti! I managed to get her to eat one twirl, then after I forced a mouthful of sauce into her mouth decided she was feeling icky so I had to take her to the loo! She then refused to eat anything while Neb's mum was saying so no pudding then. Pudding did arrive (yes I am the bad mum but it was paid for as part of the meal deal) and she refused it. She also refused her drink and was a pain.

I just sat there, getting more and more wound up with her, wound up with Neb who wouldn't say anything against his mum and dad and started crying. Not my finest moment.

Just before we left today we had lunch and Car again didn't eat apart from some dessert and starter. I think that the entire Christmas celebrations have overwhelmed her and hope to start getting into some routine - which will start with hiding the Christmas chocolate stash!

So glad to be home so I can sort my little girl out (who is turning 4 in a week and 2 days!)

BNM

Comments