The one where I get crafty

I'm not a very crafty person. The most we get in our house is painting and some playdoh playing. I will cook with my girls though as I do love making the house smell lovely!

But last weekend after a plea on twitter I decided to make some salt dough decorations.The recipe I used is this one and was dead simple to use. We cut out christmassy shapes:




Then I poked holes in them and left them dry in the oven for 4 hours. But we found that the left over salt dough was fun to play with - and we're still playing with it now 1 week later (it keeps in the fridge in a bag!)

Then the salt dough was dried (yes 4 hours have now passed!, think a la Blue Peter)


Now, the fun came, painting and glittering. We used normal poster paint (the link suggests acrylic) and it was fine.
Then we put them all into a box and I got arty farty with my camera:





Pretty aren't they and too be honest if I knew salt dough would keep them so quiet I'd have made it earlier!

BNM

Comments