Cash to name babies

I named both my girls relative easily who am I kidding it was hard and several books later ... well we had a name for Bel but it was a stand by name as I was 100% sure she was a boy. I'd done the chinese astrology test and the ring test (all very scientifical you know) and so was shocked she was a girl but had a name ready anyway just in case.
With Car, I felt different and because of this again I thought we were having a boy. but as Bel was old enough to help us pick names we decided to ask at the scan. Car though had other ideas, she was being very uncooperative and so for a while Bel decided that she would be a Peter. (This was a favourite name of hers at that time- several goldfish had the same name!!)
I then had a scan as they thought I may need to have a C section due to being huge (think tank size) but at scan they saw lots of fluid so didn't do C section but we did find out that Car was a girl and help we had no name.
I then decided we'd give her a Welsh first name and an English second which was opposite to Bel who had an English first and Welsh second. So out came the books. Finally, after many lists and odd names, we decided on Car. Everyone happy and Bel could say it.

So while I was reading the news just now I noticed this

Cash to name babies for Mussolini
A far-right Italian party is offering 1,500 euros (£1352/ $1,900) to parents who name their children after the fascist dictator Mussolini or his wife.
The small Movimento Sociale-Fiamma Tricolore (MS-FT) party denies its gesture is racist and says the names Benito and Rachele are merely "nice".
 One parent must be Italian and the cash incentive is available in five areas of southern Italy and is designed to help the region's low birth rate.

So if you are stuck for a child's name, make up Italian ancestry and  move to southern Italy. The weather there may be nicer than here.

BNM
x

Comments

  1. Ha! Those names are lovely! We struggled to agree on Harriet (Hattie, Hat or Harry as she's known) but I'm pleased with it although I still have my other favourites. I'll just have to use them for our new kittens coming in January and our planned Border Terrier coming at Easter. My broodiness is showing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's agonising trying to get the names right - all the ones for The Boy were found to be wanting to everyone we asked so we just picked one we liked and didn't tell anyone and the name wasn't even english then did the same with his brother. Needless to say nobody would ever call them anything different now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose if you were thinking of calling your baby Benito or Rachele anyway you might as well take the cash - less for them to campaign with then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont