Catching Up

I've been trying to catch up with things since the week away. I have done the girls and our washing from the week away already and sometime this week I will try and catch up with the housecleaning. So far we need to do:
the dining room sofa
the spare room ( so maybe sometine Car can have her room!!)
then we will probaly need to do the whole house again but am determined to get this done soon!!

Both kids were tired Sunday night and after a well deserved bath I managed to get time to catch up on the paper. As we have been away I have managed to read a bit of the paper everyday as FIL gets the Guardian. So whilst doing our food shop yesterday I got the Observer. I have managed to read most of it and suprise suprise it seems that the working mum debate goes on!!
As you know from my previous post I am proud to work. If I won the lottery I'd like to work term time only and get the summer and holidays off. I love my annoying ranting students so much so that I am doing a student support module next year. So when I read the Review part of the Observer I just wanted to scream "Will you just leave the subject alone"
"I had it all but I didn't have a life" is one womans story of how she is giving it all in to be a SHM. I have nothing agaisnt SHM's and I think that you are all very mad brave its just I know that as much as I love my kids I would kill them if I had to be at home all the time. I love my job and I love the annoying nice students (honest!). What I did do this morning though is read the comments posted on this article. Some of them are from oh so very patronising people and from single people who have no chidlren and don't understand the ups and downs of being parents, never mind working ones.
Anyway I better stop now before I do go into full on rant mode...


Oh and one more thing... the buggers are back again
I went to check Bel's hair before school started this morning and they are back!!! AAAGH

So I am now a M.O.M - Mum on a Mission

So if you now of any quick everlasting cures please let me know! Because I know I can't afford this route


Bye for now
Bare Naked Mummy, M.O.M
x

Comments

  1. I sooo envy you if i didn't have four lots of child care to contend with then i'd get a part time job tomorrow, i only have three more years of being a SAHM so i'm trying with all my might to enjoy them (it's very hard most days)but i also know how lucky i am to be in this position. I love to read the Guardian on a saturday, it's the only paper i actually get to read in between all the chaos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont