Why are awards like buses?

..because you don't get any and then several appear at once!!

Now, when I mean several I do just mean 2! On Monday you heard about my Zombie Chicken award (thanks again to Make do Mum - I now also have free a chocolate voucher) and today I read that Hot Cross Mum has deemed me worthy enough to receive the 'Honest Scrap' award. Like Hot Cross Mum I too read it as Honest Crap because I think that's what I'm making you poor readers read!!


The rules of this award say that I have to tell you 10 things about myself which you don't already know and pass it on to other bloggers you want to know more about.
Now as you know, noone (apart from W+W - see Shhh no one knows) and I mean noone else knows that I blog but as its you and if you all promise to Cross Your Heart and hope to die I will let you in on some of the BNM's secrets!

  1. I don't look like my blog pic all of the time (have you not seen it - its hidden down there past the Tweets). I only look that young after being made up by a Zbdart! I normally look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!
  2. I am always hungry and would probaly eat a horse (if one happened to walk by)
  3. I don't do mornings! (Can anyone please let Car know this - tried telling her that 5.30 isn't nice but its not working
  4. I love cheesy music. I have several tapes of cheesy stuff and now have a spotify cheesy music list! (I'm not putting you through it, don't worry!)
  5. I don't have sealegs - I would love to take Car and Bel on a local cruise around the bay but I would probably throw up!
  6.  I have never been on an aeroplane. I was 18 before going on a train!  So if anyone wants me to review a flight I'm all yours!!
  7. My nickname was Funky in school and I had a going out on the town song!
  8. I am not a tidy person and never will be. Unfortunately Neb isn't either so when MIL comes to visit we have two days worth of mega tidying.
  9. I love watching Grease, Dirty Dancing and High School the Musical. (see 4 above). I tried to make Bel watch High School and she didn't like it
  10. I'm Welsh and I'm proud but don't ask me to mutate words as I can't (never have)!
Anyway I'm passing this on to these following bloggers

Is There a Plan B?
More than just a mother (her Ballymory post made me pmsaol!)
Kids and Daiquiris - she's giving up alcohol!

    Comments

    1. Congrats on you new award. What do you mean you can't mutate words?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you! Although it turns out that you're not the only person who thinks I'm (s)crap!! I've already blogged on this one and I'm not sure I can think of another 10 things no-one knows about me!!!

      Here's one just for you though: I only like doing karaoke if I think no-one's listening. But then I *really* like it...

      Thanks loads for the award anyway though x

      ReplyDelete
    3. I know I made a comment earlier. I KNOW I did. Anyway it was the usual "across the pond don't know what you are talking about question" - what do you mean mutate words??

      And congrats on the award! And I love your picture - it looks like you are up to something or have some good gossip to share!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Plan B - I'm glad you love karaoke, me I can't sing so karaoke out of the question!
      Gigi - I'm having trouble with my comment box so need to change it!
      Mutations - Welsh has a system of mutations which affects the initial letters of words. This feature is common to all Celtic languages and can make it difficult to find words in dictionaries. The nasal mutation (treiglad trwynol) and aspirate mutation (treiglad llaes) present few difficulties, but there are over 20 different occasions when soft mutation (treiglad meddal) occurs.
      Yeah I have no idea either - more info here - http://www.omniglot.com/writing/welsh.htm

      ReplyDelete
    5. My MIL is learning Welsh, she told me the Welsh for carrot is moron - love it!
      Congratulations on the award, but I have to ask, what is your going out on the town song?!

      ReplyDelete
    6. hey just leaving you test message :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. MakedoMum- my going out song (when I was available - you know free and single, no kids!!) was sang to the tune of camptown races and that's all I'm saying!

      ReplyDelete
    8. So very honoured - thank you! I have accepted and passed it on :)
      http://morethanjustamother.blogspot.com/2009/12/so-whaddya-wanna-know.html

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont