Bookworms, beasties and birds!

Yes your gonna have another three parter from me , its so busy in work at the moment (preparing for new intake of students!) that everything is jumbled around my head and when I get time to put it down this is what your gonna get!!

Anyways, lets get to it

I love books, no hang on thats not right: I LOVE BOOKS. I always have, my dad said that when growing up and as soon as I could read, you'd find me in a corner with a book. So, as you can imagine I have loads of them, stories which I'll go back to time and time again. (the most read is probaly Jane Eyre - I love it!!, but not the film, they always make Rochester too pretty - see here, or  here,  and Jane Eyre is never plain enough ). Anyway, on my first ever visit to my (then) future in-laws house I was in awe. There were, as there are now books everywhere. More seem to sprout on every visit there - and their not just one kind of book, there are different kinds, some really old and genuinely expensive, some paperbacks, many first editions and if my MIL buys more cook books she is going to have to buy a new kitchen!! Anyway, their love of books has been passed down to Neb and though we only have a few first editions (bought by in laws!) between us we have many books.

And it seems that Bel has now inherited this love, she learned to read quite quickly - we started her before school did as they seemed to dither about starting her, making her wait! And now, after our visit to Winchester she has many new books to read. Not only did we buy her two books ourselves, the in laws who came down for a day bought a pile of books for her and if that wasn't enough, Neb 's brother Nad's g/f is also an author so she came home with 4 books written by her!!

Since being back she has read 3 of these 4 books - try them out their called "History Spies". And has increased her love of history and she has just told me she would like to go to Pompeii and the amphitheatre!!
She's now sitting here with her nose in the book, which is great, but can someone tell me how I can get her to get dressed and not read her book every 5 seconds, I need a book that's called "How to read and listen to your Mummy"!
xxxxx

Can someone explain to me why every beastie, be it worm, spider, centipede, moth has to be held and looked at in great detail. I mean when you've seen one you've seen them all haven't you! And I don't really like catching and holding worms girls but I do because I'm your mummy and thats what mummy's do!!

xxxxx

And the birds, well that's me. While in the zoo on holiday (Marwell Wildlife - good day out but a bit expensive!) I saw some of these - sorry for the pictures their through the wire! And I thought hang on that 's me !! I wonder if they do my job in work and come home and do everything else!!


So can you guess what it is - its a bird of prey found in African deserts.... no its a :


Anyway thats enough randomness from me, I'll try and catch up with all your randomness tonight. 

BNM

Comments

  1. Oh Marie is a bookworm too. I have to fight with her every morning because she reads instead of eating her breakfast, getting dressed, brushing her teeth etc...Mind you, I was like that too! And one of my favourite books has to be Jane Eyre too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bel is exactly the same - but I have a funny feeling that I was the same too (especially as my dad says that there is a cupboard full of books in his house for me to give to Bel!)
    Yeah for Jane Eyre - my husband thinks I'm odd!!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read as well! But as for holding beasties for the little ones to inspect? Ummm, this mom NEVER did that and never will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont