How organised are you?

After reading Single Mummy's post about re-establishing routines and realising I was about to submit a long comment I thought I' d blog about it instead.
So are you organised?
I'm not super organised or efficient or anything major like that but I do make a meal plan (despite being laughed at for making one on the Blogger Ed forums) which is nothing like this one.
So apart from making a meal plan, what else do I do. I don't have a tidy house and I know I should make the effort more with that but I have kids and they need to play ( thats the excuse I'm sticking to anyway!!).
I do though try and get things done on a weekday morning before school and me having to dash off to work. Its meant to go something like this (what actually happens is next to it).

7am Get up, and get dressed   Already up as Car who has slept in bed with us (AGAIN!) has shouted and moaned for 10 -30 mins so may have been up since 6-6.30!!

7.30 Serve breakfast and make pack lunch for Bel  Burn toast and spread that chocolate spread on it, hoping noone will notice its burnt.

7.40 Send Bel to get dressed (this will take about 30 mins for her to do, if not more), get Car dressed and sat on the potty at least once (she will sit on it now but holds her wee in until she has a nappy on!!)
Get Car dressed at 8, as catching up with blogs on  reader and writing ones own, also playing games on Facebook!! Make my lunch (if I remember ) if not remember to buy a subway at lunchtime!!

8.15 Leave House for school, work, nursery  Leave house at 8.25 for start of work at 8.30 (yeah right!) after struggling to get childrens hair brushed, shoes put on, find both my shoes after Car played with them on the weekend.

8.30 Get to work and breathe!! 8.35-8.45 Get to work, apologies for lateness and thank god I have a few hours before entering madhouse again!!

So as you can see organisation is my middle name!!!

BNM

Comments

  1. In the morning we're up at 6.15 and the kids are picked up at 7.15. Then we don't have to leave for work till 8.30 so we usually flap a bit (and even then, we can choose to work from home for some or all of some mornings!). And today, there I was feeling all knackered and hard done by because I'd had to get the kids ready so early... I hate to think how much I'd complain if I had to do it all by myself (as you seem to!) and then go straight to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not just me - honestly he does help too but sometimes its easier when there's just one of you faffing around at least the other one can then jump in take over and stop me from screaming at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very pleased my eldest can get himself up and ready for school. Makes my mornings much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is getting easier as DD can get herself ready but DS needs lots of help... plus all the fuss bucketing it can be very stressful getting out of door by 8:20 - at least I'm temporarily not working so haven't got that stress!

    Glad I inspired you to post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I'm Mrs Organised and daughter knows that in the morning "WE DON'T DO FAFFING!". My department at work do make fun of me for my megaorganisation, but who do they come to to find out what, when and where things need to be done.............?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really am very, very organised. (That's what I like about this blogging lark - you can lie through your teeth and nobody need know!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Me too. Very organised of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some would say Im organised but some days I feel more like organised chaos. Ive got my house running well but just don't open the cupboards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont