Potty Tales 1

Hi all

As you know if you are regular readers of this blog, Car had developed a hatred of her potty by screaming at it rather than sitting on or getting anywhere near it.

Anyway over the last week, we have tried some PMA (postive mental attitude) and spent some no nappy time every night and asked her to sit on potty. We've highlighted to her that she doesn't need to do anything but if she does wee, wee or poo poo in it, then I will buy her the aforementioned peppa pig potty (god, I'm at it again!) and so she has been doing it. As her nursery is also very good, they've been sitting her on the toilet at break time and Neb came home on Friday to say that the nursery staff had made him laugh by saying that Car would now run to the toilets, drop trousers, take off nappy, throw nappy out and sit on the toilet.

Getting her to sit on the potty every night has been a bit of a struggle with tears most nights but by Thursday she has realised that it was happening and just got with it proclaiming "It's not horrible, I not cry"!

Seeing as she is getting good at dropping her own trousers now, we have decided to get to the next nappy stage and buy some pull ups. I explained that these were like pants that you could pull up and down and she got very excited when they were "Bob,can fix it " ones!!

To top off a great week of getting Car used to the potty, last night we had a small breakthrough. We had come to realise that Car was actually refusing to go in the potty and waiting (honestly she must have kept so much in one night, I had to change her allover again!) for us to put her nappy on her. That is, until last night, when I stripped her during "Total Wipeout". She sat on the potty a few times, then started to get agitated and demanded we put her nappy on. I stated that we weren't doing this because it was bath night.
As you can imagine, she was getting right arsey so off I wenrt to fill the bath up and took potty with me. She followed me up, and demanded to be let in the bath. I was a firm mummy and held my ground and eventually with hysterical tears got her to sit on the potty and yes she weeed! She started laughing as she was doing it so we hope (lets cross everything) that we may have started on the process of potty training.

It is such a big step for Car, my baby is turning into a little girl and I know it will be better for all of us but also I feel like she's finally shedding layers of babyhood. Just one more thing to do after potty training and that's dummy removal!!!

Anyway I shall keep you updated with how its going!!

Comments

  1. Well done! It can be very difficult seeing them grow up though - can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a nasty thing on the dummy - when my son was about two, I started to tell him that "one day, when you are three, you will decide all for yourself that you're too big for your dummy because it's only for little boys." Sure enough, the week of his third birthday, he decided "all by himself" that he was too big for it. Evil and cunning, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont