Lunchbox losers

Yeah, school has been back for over a week (they started last Thursday here!) and already we are having issues with Bel's lunchbox. I think I've nearly got it there but unless she wants to eat the same thing until October then am gonna have to get my thinking cap on (or yours?)

So far this is what she gets in  her lunchbox :

Cereal Bar / Flapjack
Juice carton
Crisps - depending on flavour in cupboard!
Some smoothie fruit (courtesy of Ella's Kitchen - no not freebies / review - just right instead of fruit which gets squished or bruised)
Salad Pot - Cucumber sticks, Carrot Stick and Sliced Pepper


So that is the normal fayre that goes in - then I put a main in. This is where the problem is, Bel decided a while ago that the only bread she would eat is the crispy french stick that Grandpa eats or the home made bread that Grandma makes with her machine. Now, I love nice bread like the next person but I can't offered to buy crispy baguette or crusty rolls every day!! So Bel's main lunch menu can not involve bread, or tortillas, or pittas (because they get soggy!)

So far this week she has had - tuna pasta salad, tuna salad, puff pastry squares.

BTW a puff pastry square is very simply : tomato sauce, cheese , tomato, bacon on puff pastry then cook. I also change this a bit and put pesto in the sauce if with it!

So that's three things - I also do pizza sometimes which she will eat and cooked sausages but apart from that I am stuck!!!

Please anyone help me rack my brains so that a) Bel doesn't turn into a tuna fish and b) my sanity gives away!

BNM

Comments

  1. Hey, if she'll eat tuna I wouldn't complain - it's probably far more nutritious than the same ham sandwich that my son requested every single day when he was in elementary school. I guess my question would be: WILL she eat a pita or tortilla? Because if so, maybe you could put all the fixings in her lunchbox and she could make her own "sandwich" that way it wouldn't get soggy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. My children get a normal Belgian lunch box, i.e. four slices of bread, with some cheese or meat in between. If they're lucky they get some margarine.

    Honestly - you go through all that trouble??? Maybe you should put her on our regime for a week and she'll be grateful for anything you care to give her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi - thats a great idea one which has been passed by her majesty!!

    Mwa - I'll send her over then - your regime sounds fantastic but then we'd get an I'm hungry as soon as she finishes school then we'd give her a snack and then she would refuse to eat supper!!

    Bloody kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are also fussy. I can no longer buy yoghurt in pots it has to come in tubes!

    When you find the answer, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something that regularly excercises me too - any top tips, please pass them on.

    I find chicken mayo to be a bit of a hit as a sandwich filling but apart from that I'm lucky to get mine eating anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad my daughter has school lunches and I only have to provide one snack a day!

    (Try bbcgoodfood.com and search for "lunchbox")

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter sometimes has sushi in her lunchbox. I bet she's the only one in her school who does.

    What about pesto pasta? Always goes down a treat in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the hints - but I think Jackie that sushi may be pushing things a bit far - if I tell her its raw, god only knows what will happen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont