Black and White

I'm not a very good picture taker, I never have been - from my early camera days when after getting my first camera on holiday, I took a picture of a cathedral - only to cut off the spire. I then moved on to an advantix (because I was one of the useless ones who couldn't put a film in to save her life) where instead of cutting bits of buildings off I would cut heads off!!

So when I managed to save up some birthday money this year, I decided that actually I would like a digital camera, no need to put film in, screen so I could see what I'd taken and oh so much easier. I tweeted at the time and I think I need to thank @cosmicgirlie and someone else for their help!! (I can't remember who it was so if I'm completely wrong not my fault!!)

After getting fantastic advice, I bought this camera on sale at Argos!

And so I can now take semi decent pictures, well I think so anyway. And it seems that nature is the way to go- no more people or buildings (though I do take some good ones of the girls when they decide to smile!!).

Here is a selection of some fungi taken locally and then made black and white by Picasa 3



This post is for the Sticky Fingers gallery, whose theme this week is Black and White

Comments

  1. Oooo fab image subject!! Will you post it in colour too? Would love to see!!

    Also glad I was able to help - just shout any time you have a question :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really good!! I love taking photos of different objects like that -- oh, and my family. And, my friends. Oh heck, I'll take a photo of anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - fungus is very photogenic. Enjoy your new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fungus intrigues me, like alien lifeforms. I'm also allergic to it.
    Hope you have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous pictures. I was never any good at photography until I got a digital camera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opps that was me ^ I forgot to sign in under my other name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your new camera - I just love taking pictures, you could say Im a little obsessed...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont