Hear me grunt

No, not me, Neb , shall I tell you why

ISHERB Caveman


I think that's basically the reason - he is a caveman. And why, well because of Bonfire night and there's something about men and fireworks or even fire full stop that makes him hark back to the caveman days.

He has this week spent hours looking for fireworks, then opened over the box ( he only got a small one and was very upset!), and then poured over its contents. He has since then made a list of the order they will be in (god, how anal) and got annoyed with me when I said I wasn't staying outside in the cold and rain to watch too many. He has since then got upset with the heavy band of rain that is going to fall (and currently falling) here tomorrow.
But then I realised, its not just fireworks he does this with, there's the summer barbecue which even though we normally only get a disposal one he will not let me near. He always mumbles something about me burning the food - but seeing as I've never had the chance to actually do it, how would he know?
And then I started to ponder this subject more (well it was either that or watch Humf!) and realised its definitely a man - fire thing. We used to live in a house that had an open fire and what did he used to do, get all grunty "man" about it and have it roaring daily - even in summer. He would even sit there and take pictures of it!!

Now I was worried that it was only my man whose like this, but no, after some market research (ahem) I found out that I'm not alone with this issue.
There are men who go so far as over buying sparklers for their own wedding - 12 people - 400 sparklers!,
then there are the bonfire parties, where some men have had the fire brigade out twice, melted plastic drainpipe, had firework chase someone round garden while the women have kept everyone safe.
So, its definitely not just my man who does this, as was said, it is a man thing.
What do you think, does the man in your life have the same issue? Or to my men readers, will you own up to this fire loving phenomena??

Happy Bonfire Night
Please keep safe

BNM

Comments

  1. My man must go against all research - complete wuss with fireworks. Years of being scared over the warning "You'll have someone's eye out with that".

    He's good with barbecues and stoking the fire though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not just your man. I'm convinced mine is going to set the house on fire any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firecracker night was banned in Oz. My DH is sitting here wishing he was in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont