A new era

Being the ever so untidy mother (not for me the spick and span house!) who's house is well lived in (yes, you can read that as mess everywhere) I can let you all know that now a new era has sprung up on our little home.
Car has been until now still sleeping in her cot, then co-sleeping in our bed in our room. At nearly 3 this had to come to a stop, soon before either my back gave way or my need of sleep did.
Anyway, as we live in a 3 bedroom house - you'd wonder why she has indeed been still with us. Well its probably because a) we are untidy (as aforementioned) b) are 3rd bedroom was dumping ground for all kind of rubbish and c) because to be honest coming home from working and then spending eons tidying is not something I wish to do.
But, dear friends (as I hope you all are now) it is done, over the last month we have been sorting through bags and bags of clothes, many bagged up and shoved in the attic for future car boot selling, others mercifully thrown out (clothes I can add that I've had since my uni years which I've no hope of getting back into!), sorted videos, cassettes and binned many a bag of rubbish, including old tvs and Christmas trees.
She is in, she is asleep in her bed (Bel's old bed which also resided in said dumping ground) and she is happy. I'm still awaiting what will happen at 3/4 in the morning when she calls for her glass of milk, but we will get through it and soon I will get my peaceful bedroom back.

BNM

Comments

  1. Wow, well done Car, hope she stayed there all night. I use to have the 3/4 in the morning call for milk as well, and started watering it down and he soon broke the habit. After 6 years of finding one or t'other in our bed, I can safely say we have our own room back and rarely find them sneaking in now, so there is light at the end of the tunnel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we tried the diluting down,as we did with Bel but she refused to drink it but the new room is a success and I had to wake her up this morning!
    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Everyone will sleep better having their own space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Sounds it was an easy transition - I know sometimes this can be a struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont