Coiugh, Cough, splutter , splutter

Please stand back, no further than that - over there will do fine.
I have a cold. At first I thought it was the dreaded hayfever starting early but when I discovered my lack of voice on Saturday morning (not good, when husband working and me and the kids together alone- I did warn them to behave as Mummy had no voice!!). So no voice, great I thought, but now I have the dreaded cough.
You know the one I mean - the if you lie down I'm going to tickle your throat so much it'll make it impossible for you to breathe and then when you try to go back to sleep I'm going to wake you up and make you cough so much you think your gonna be sick (or is that just me?)
So anyway as all you may guess - I'm not snuggled up in bed with hot water bottle and peace, but in work, sharing my cold with everyone. I've actually also just burnt my mouth on the onion soup (which Neb made last night).
In my look around the blogsphere, I realise its not just me with a cold, Jo Beaufoix is also Broken (but note my nose isn't seeping as much as hers is!) and Heather Notes from Lapland has also caught the lergy, so maybe it can be caught through a blog.

The question I want to know is how can I stop this damn cough waking me up in the night - I was just getting used to a normal sleep pattern again (Car has decided to kinda sleep through!) . I tried Vicks cough syrup last night but to be honest it was crap. So, in my hunt for inspiration this morning I entered into the God that is Google's search engine - homeopathic remedies for a cough.
And voila I found this website which told me that eating dark chocolate could be a cure for a cough.So, I've broken open a bar of Chocolate and if I get fat it'll be the cough's fault.
So, CURE A COUGH EAT CHOCOLATE is now my new motto unless you have any other ideas?

Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Comments

  1. Oh dear, sorry you are feeling under the weather -hope you feel better soon. You know we are all counting on you to prove the "chocolate cures a cough" thing right, don't you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you aren't well - boy I sure hope it can't be spread through blogs....

    No suggestions; sorry. But let us know how that chocolate things goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the chocolate, I hope it helps. I think paracetemol helps to supress coughs at night, think my GP mentioned it before in relation to my kids. Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate sounds good to me - might even fake a cold to get me some guilt free...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not well. I hope you get better soon! :)

    I don't know if you got my twitter mention but I've awarded you the Gratitude award -> http://mygoodlife.me.uk/blog/2010/04/25/appy-april-number-twenty-five-my-acceptance-speech/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I shall have to eat some everyday, you know, just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had that one - started about 5 weeks back and I still have a little splutter. Probably didn't eat enough chocolate ... 'scuse me, must go and top up now. Nothing less than 70% stuff, eh?

    Mad x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started my terrible cold this past weekend. Thanks to my 17 month old son, he had the unfortunate pleasure of getting it first. I'll have to try the chocolate method!! I'm also taking Dayquil It seems to be helping a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon, have you tried hot whiskey? I also find about 30 drops of echinacea in water (taste yukky so best have some chocolate to follow it up with) works to stop the cold getting worse, also Manuka honey is good and cough syrups are just marketing imho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fantatstic, I knew it was good for stress but now it's a cure for coughs too. What can I say one can only decide to take it like vitamins on a regaular basis 4x daily. Now I wonder if the NHS will give me a prescription....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a cough and a cold too! Will break open the chocolate immediately. Hope you're better soon. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe that's why I'm not often ill - thank you chocolate!
    Hope you get better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nurofen cold and flu remedy !

    I don't know if it helps the symptoms cos it makes me conk out ten seconds after I take it so I don't care how bad I feel cos I am in a coma.

    Get well soon love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont