REVIEW - ANNABEL KARMEL - YOU CAN COOK

We received this book in chez Barenakedmummy just before the Easter holidays and even though we haven't managed to do many of the recipes from it - more due to the lack of my forward planning ( we were meant to do the Fish Bites tonight but I forgot to take the fish from the freezer.


(picture credit: DK.com)
We already own one Annabel Karmel children's cook book (Chilldren's First Cookbook) and I used her weaning recipes from the New Baby and Toddler Meal Planner with Car.

Anyway as the fish has been forgotten for now ( but we will do it soon , I promise) I decided to enlist Bel's help with lunch : dippy eggs and soldiers.

If you had left it to me the eggs would have been hard boiled and bouncing! but with Bel reading the instructions the girls had dippy runny egg yolks.

 (picture credit: Flickr)

Both myself and Bel give this book a big thumbs up and when we get back to Wales after our stay at the inlaws she has asked if we could make several of the recipes. In fact she has nearly read the book from cover to cover wanting to do most of the recipes.


The book is available throught the Annabel Karmel website (here) and is definately a must buy for all you parents of aspiring cooks out there (or if you can't cook!!)

Comments

  1. Interesting book idea, I do think when the toddler sees what I am cooking with he is more inclined to eat it. Except broccoli and vegetables, except if I have blitzed them in a food processor and 'hidden' them. Does she have any advice on getting them to eat the vegetables they actually see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never bought one of her book, I have this thing about her name sounding like a toffee apple and just get a git of the giggles when I get the mental picture that goes with that! Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Runny yolks make me gag! Even looking at the photo above was not great, so bring on the bouncing variety for my family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont