Do you love chocolate?- review

I know, Easter has just been and you may have load of chocolate in the house but thanks to the lovely people at FuelMyBlog and Chocolate and Love I have 'adult' chocolate too!!

So yes, I have been lucky enough to review chocolate again!!

According to their website Chocolate and Love was created out of love for superior chocolate and a firm belief that good chocolate enjoyed in moderation should be a part of everyone's life. They have a fabulous quote that says "Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays!"  I'd like to add that its also "nature's way for making up for kids who have tantrums!"

5 different bars of chocolate were sent and I (well me and Neb) will review them for you below:

The Coffee affair (55% organic dark chocolate with coffee!)
Now I love coffee chocolates (and am still upset that they have taken the coffee cream out of Quality Streets and Roses) and this is like having a shot of espresso wrapped up in a chocolate bar. It smells like fresh ground coffee and when you taste it, it has a great balance of coffee and chocolate with a pleasant smoky aftertaste.


Filthy Rich (71% organic extra dark chocolate)
Now my palate seems to be getting better as I don't normally eat extra dark chocolate but this has an intense taste which is not overly bitter. With a smooth taste which is almost velvety in your mouth.



Orange mantra (65% organic dark chocolate with natural orange oil)
Oh my, Terry can keep his chocolate orange this one is mine.
This is a dark chocolate which doesn't overpower the sharp citrus notes that you get from it. It leaves an intense orange taste at the back of your palate.


Crushed Diamonds  (55% organic dark truffle chocolate with cocoa nibs)
This was our favourite bar (with the orange mantra and the coffee affair coming in a close joint second). I loved the taste of the cocoa nibs , the bite of what felt like nuts in your mouth but the chocolatey goodness of it all.


Raw chocolate - The nutty one

I am sorry to say that when both Neb and I tasted this one, we didn't like it. My husband is not a carob fan and I thought it tasted quite sterile but in the name of giving you some feedback I passed the bar on to a vegetarian friend (R) and here are her comments:
I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from raw vegan chocolate. I’m a Dairy Milk kinda gal and that’s it. I was a bit dubious about the thought of chocolate without milk in it but as a vegetarian considering going vegan I thought it was worth a good try. After my first nibble I wasn’t quite convinced, it was really bitter and the texture was a bit grainy. After a couple more bites though, I realized that whilst it was quite bitter it was also very rich with lots of subtle flavours that left a very pleasant after taste. The chocolate melts very quickly in your mouth and once you get used to the grainy texture it’s not unpleasant. There is a nice balance of nuts and chocolate; enough to break up the richness whilst not detracting from the chocolaty taste. Overall it wasn’t bad as far as a chocolate bar goes, however if I was in the mood for chocolate and had a choice I doubt this would be top of the list.  

So there goes the best of the lot for me would be crushed diamonds and at £2.90/100g I would consider buying this again as a treat.
If you love chocolate then why don't you join the Chocolate Club over at Chocolate and Love. I'm sure if me and Neb weren't skint, economising then we would.

Anyway I'm off to finish off the chocolate before Neb realises.

BNMx

Comments