The lack of white stuff

I know you all have lots and lots of snow, lashes of it.

Well I'm soooo not happy as we have had none.

Well none that is here. We had a small bit last Friday when workers who lived further afield were sent home whilst I who lived within walking distance stayed on. I eventually got a bus home (the car then still broken!) and then managed not to fall over walking down the road to my house by literally walking on the road. The road had been gritted, the pavements hadn't. I then got to the bottom of our road, which hadn't been gritted and gingerly made it home.
I woke up Saturday to hear that snow had fallen everywhere - apart from here. Here we had just frozen - actually got down to -10 round here. Saturday saw us sliding down the hill (literally) to the main supermarket to do a weekly small shop. We then walked home the easy way round - ie it meant that I didn't have to climb the hill and was longer, but oh so peaceful.

This week has seen snow in many places while we in our micro climate have just frozen. The car (thankfully) is now mended so I don't have to freeze while walking in to work.  But the small bit of snow that stuck here at home on Friday has frozen and thawed and refrozen and the pavement outside our house is no treacherous. The council do not grit pavements as they are not a priority but what would happen if one of us fell!!

I leave you with some picturesque photos I took on the way to work the other day. Here's hoping that the many of you who are snowed in, thaw out soon but before you do so can you bag it and send it this way.


BNM

Comments

  1. I hope you get a downfall soon!! We have plenty of water to share with the atmosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Here's hoping we DON'T get any snow soon (it's far too early in the season here) - living in the South if it even if the snow is only half an inch everything shuts down. Besides - I'm already done with winter and it hasn't even begun yet! So glad your car is back in working order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on, I'll fill a yoghurt pot and post it to you.
    Poor old dog is really struggling. All his normal cues have gone. The scents are buried and the sounds are all muffled so he just hugs close by my leg and won't even go out for a pee without me. Guide person for blind dog.

    Mad x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangest thing, for the snow to skip a bit like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont