An ode to the Festive Flu

Look my festive flu
Stop making me feel poo
It may only be a cold
So why do I feel so old!

Aches and pains up my back
With eyes like a droopy sack
A nose full of snot
And a cough to top the lot

So the weather outside is not cheerful
And me I've had a lungful
Merry Christmas one and all
Let's hope this will end before I fall!!!

Yes, I am not feeling well, and if I had drugs I'd take them but as we are super skint until I get paid on Thursday I've had to make do with kids cough medicine and some paracetamol!! Here's hoping my pay goes in properly this year ( and not be delayed by banks being crap like last year!) and here's hoping that the roads are clear enough to travel so that the kids and Neb have a Happy Christmas. Me, I'm just a miserable scrooge who is going to wallow in my own pity for a bit!!!

BNM

Comments

  1. Get well soon! And I'll help you hope for good roads because we have to drive over to the UK on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! You can't be sick at Christmas time! Here's hoping you feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll be feeling better before Christmas, still 5 days. Flu is the worse, we've all suffered and I recon its swine flu!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont