Tea towels are still being put to good use

Things I have learnt from going to school concerts over the last 3 years:

  • The shepherds still have their headdresses made by putting tea towel on head and then by tying a cord around it!!
  • Tinsel is the preferred halo material
  • There is always one child who will sing shout loudly at all the wrong times
  • Listening to children (not my own) playing violin and recorder without laughing at them is very hard to do - especially when Car is saying in her loud voice " What that NOISE- its horrible!"
  • The teacher who plays the piano will undoubtedly always make a mistake or five when playing it!
  • There are always a few children who are obviously star material and will always sing solos!
  • The children put at the back of the singing groups are always the ones that will be pulling faces and sniggering
  • Some of the children will not listen to the teachers at all and will always wave at their parents (like all the time!!) (and no, not Bel)
  • The songs they sing are the same ones - seriously I can understand them singing the same carols but maybe jazz them up a bit with some new songs!
All in all the carol service yesterday was fun, even with Car playing hide and seek under my feet in the pew and asking loudly " When we singing!"

Hope your all enjoying your respective Christmas school services

BNM

Comments

  1. Ours was cancelled due to the weather - floods will do that I guess. We were all very diaspointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I'm so glad that Belgian teachers are complete slackers! We have one (1!) event in the year to attend and our children perform only every other year. How brilliant is that?

    (I make up for it by enrolling them in choir.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved being Joseph in the nativity play (a long time ago now though!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel a pang that my daughter is not one of the singing stars. She seems to have been marked out as a dancer instead.

    Our latest nativity included some modern songs, which I really liked. We always buy the DVD...and never watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo you have a new blog too ... like it!
    ... btw, my blog has moved to www.notestoselfplustwo.com - hate to lose you as a reader. I have added you to my new sexy blog roll.

    Little comp for those that re-subscribe and make me feel less lonely on my new url ;-)
    http://www.notestoselfplustwo.com/2010/12/subscribe-to-my-blog-and-win-liz-earle-body-cream.html
    Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had ours last week and Elf was a shepherd! All of what you wrote happened to us! -HMx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont