Is it summer holidays yet?

This is a question that I get asked daily.

I'm glad that school breaks up (well round here) in 4 weeks. I don't think I could cope with the question for more than that!

And the reasons for the excitement:

Well we are going on a family holiday to a cottage in "ORKSHIRE*" at start of August. (Bel and Car both want to know whether ORKSHIRE* PUDDING will be eaten!). While on holiday, we have said that one day we will have a train ride to York to visit the Train museum (cue very excited girls and daddy!). If, anyone, knows of any great child friendly places to eat in York then let me know (otherwise it will be McD's). I am also looking forward to last day of holidays because I get to see RP, and we will all be having a sleep over. Yeah! (alcohol may be consumed!)

Then, Car and Bel will be going to see Grandma and Grandpa on their own for some of the holidays. Or, in Car's words to look after them. Car has even said that she won't be taking her dummy with her because Grandma won't like it. We will get to spend some child free days. WEY-HEY.


So, is it summer yet??

BNM

*said in what Bel thinks is a Yorkshire accent

Comments