Milestones

As my girls get older the milestones that we went through when they were babies have changed. No longer do I have to worry about first words (both of them Dada, the little madams!), first steps, first wee in potty (Yes, Too much information I know!), first night in own bed, first dry night but there are still many firsts to come
 
Bel has long passed the first tooth for Tooth Fairy stage but I know that when Car turns 5 then that will be happening. There will be the first day in big school stage for Car after Easter next year which we know she will be fine with. Then they will both reach the age where they will be in Bigger school, first boyfriend, first kiss (I've no idea if they'll share this with me!) and then there will be the other milestones that turn my girls into women but that is hopefully a future post!

But, I'm waffling (again!), today though Bel has reached a new milestone.

This: 

is going in the bin. (OK then, its not going in the bin, it'll probably go in the boot of the car)

And the milestone she has reached -well according to the AA, she is now legal to be in the car without it. You see my little girl is now 1m36cm tall (or 4ft 5") and therefore doesn't need it.

The fact that she is growing into a tall girl of just legs (yes, honestly she is just legs!) was proven last weekend when we visited a dear old friend, The Rambling Pages and met up with her family and then another close friend Kitty and her family. Kitty is and always has been 4ft 11¾ and not the 5ft she thinks she is. Bel was up to the bottom of her head and will not be long in passing her.

It brings a lump in my throat to think how much she has grown, my little girl now becoming bigger and at 7 there won't be long until she's at Bigger school. I don't wish her childhood away but I wish she could stay smaller for longer.
BNM

 

Comments