Who do you think you are?


I love finding out more about our family history, don't you. I have many photos from Mum's side of the family but as both her and Dad were Jones's am not going to start looking at that any time soon. (Yes, its a very popular surname in Wales!)

On my husbands side though, we have a wealth of different histories.
There's his dad's mum who is a Romany Gypsy and who's family tree stretches from London to America to Southampton. I have managed to trace back a bit but due to their name being mispelt in different ways then I am unable to say for sure if they are who we think they are.
Then there's his dad's father who was born in Scotland and Neb's 5 times grandfather who allegedly was involved in the building of this::

Forth Rail Bridge (opened 1890)

Yes, to you non Scots its The Forth Rail Bridge and he was involved in its building - or so the photos show. I am now stuck though as I cannot find any history of the builders anywhere.

His Mum's side has been researched by other members of the family but I love this researching stuff. I have found Genes Reunited so have started to fill in ours - and will register tomorrow!

I will keep you all posted further and if I find that I'm related to anyone interesting, I will let you know!

BNM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terry_wha/162639921/

Comments