Bad Parenting moments

Yes, we've all done it, come on now open up, share your moments. I promise I will not judge!

  1. Forget to be the tooth fairy. (this it seems is not as uncommon as I thought) only happened once so far but when your eldest refuses to get out of bed because the tooth fairy hasn't been you know you've done bad. To make matters worse, I had no change in the house and then had to lie and say that due to stormy night the fairy couldn't land. This is obviously not the truth, what actually happened is that mummy and daddy got drunk and then went to bed forgetting!
  2. Drop your baby - come on I know you have.  This happened to me twice, both with Bel (poor thing). I fell down the stairs at my inlaws with her in my arms, which I guess was ok and then the second time I went to get nappies after leaving her on middle of bed and she rolled off! In my defence, I was tired both times!
  3. Break child's favorite toy - this one I blogged about here
Those seem rather tame don't they but when child is in tears you know you've done bad. Not as bad as Typecast who ignored a child's broken arm but bad enough to make you need a drink

If it helps though, this bad parenting malarky must run in the family because when I once fell into pond as a young child, I got out and headed for the backdoor. I told my mum what had happened and the response, well all I got was a "I hope you haven't killed any fish!". Thanks!


BNM

(Thanks to Typecast for blog inspiration and to @TamsinOxford for needing Bad Parenting stories - if you want to help out then DM her on Twitter)



Comments

  1. What i don't realize is in reality how you're no longer actually much more well-appreciated than you might
    be right now. You're very intelligent. You understand thus considerably on the subject of this matter, produced me personally believe it from numerous various angles. Its like men and women aren't fascinated until it's one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. All the time handle it up!
    Also visit my web-site fat burning foods

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont