Silence is ...

hard actually, not easy or golden as they say just darned hard.

I Can't Stand Silence


The kids are still at grandparents, the husband has gone out and its oh so quiet in the house and I don't like it! I'm trying to get things tidy for when they come back tomorrow because even though t'husband has been home alone until today nothing has been done. But I've started and I can't. I feel alone and I want my children home, I want to hear them moan, laugh, cry, snore....

The in-laws were late in ringing tonight and we tried ringing several times and there was no answer and my mind was going into turmoil. Where were they, had they been hurt, I was nearly in tears, I thought the worse (yes, useless, I know I shouldn't do!)

But I've spoken to them, and they seem to be having a whale of a time and not missing me. Which sucks, because I miss them really bad, like something is missing. Its not me who feels like this, the cats are moping, the guinea pig is sulking and Neb is moping.

And us, me and Neb, have we had fun. Yes, but there seems to be something not right and its probably just me but I feel lost. I'm writing this now because it needs to come out but be thankful its not in pen, because there may be blurry bits. I love him to bits but I don't know if we work without the girls. We've had fun but the first thing he did Monday night at the pub was talk to his friends, Tuesday night I fell asleep on the sofa, last night we went for a meal - granted it wasn't posh only wetherspoons but the first thing he did was to get the wifi on his phone, why, why couldn't he talk to me. I feel like I'm making conversation to myself. We then went to the cinema (more details later) so no talking needed.

Oh crap, just realised that a post on silence has turned into a post of moaning...


Best get back to the tidying - a mother's work is never done and all that.

BNM

Comments