Slip, Slap, Slop - SUNCREAM review

Like most of the country last weekend, we enjoyed the sunshine here. It was a relief to see the sun for a change even if it was so very hot. I even let the sun on my ice white legs (warning: Sunglasses are needed!).
So, as you probaly did, we went off to the seaside. Now, I'm luckily enough to live by the sea but we have a lack of sand on this part of the coast. When we ventured down to the sea on Saturday afternoon (after 4 ) we did manage to find some and we still seem to have it, in every nook and cranny in the house!

Being the good mother that I am (don't all laugh), I reached for the sunscreen and if it wasn't for the parcel I had recieved on Saturday morning, the kids may have been red like beetroots!!
So, what did I receive through the post, I hear you say...
Well, courtesy of the lovely people at Wilkinson I received 3 bottles of their 5 star rated sunscreen.
Wilkinson, the home of family value, has relaunched their 5 star rated sunscream range at a reasonable price.

The three products that we tested were:

Wilko Suncare Moiturising Sun Lotion SPF 50 - from £2.98
Wilko Suncare Kids Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF 50 - £3.98
& Wilko Suncare Aftersum Gel - £1.98.


Now, due to my gingerness, both my kids are fair skinned so I slopped on the Kids SPF50 on them. This lotion has a purple tinge to it , making it easier to see when putting it on, especially if you decide to give your kids stripes before encouraging them to help rub it in.(The girls thought this was very funny!!)
The cream had a nice smell to it and didn't to me smell like suncream. Car said it smelled "Tasty Mummy" while Bel thought that " it smells purpley!". The cream went on well, and didn't have a greasy feel. The kids gave the suncream a double thumbs up, so will definately buy next time we pass Wilkinsons. I think the price for SPF 50 is also reasonable and I also noticed that it has a higher star rating than the Nivea suncream Baby we were using on Car.


I then slopped the adult SPF 50, it too had a nice smell but I felt that it didn't seem to rub in as easy as the Kids cream, leaving my legs with a white (er) tint to it. But with such a low price tag and white legs anyway, this is another one I would definately buy.

We also got a bottle of AfterSun gel. Now I always thought you only put this on when you burnt (!!) but seeing as we'd all been in the sun and din't burn I slapped it on to (as the label says) prevent our skin feeling dehydrated. This again had a lovely smell and was easy to put on. It seemed to sink easily into our skin and we all now have baby soft legs and arms!!

So if your looking for a good quality suncream this summer (if we ever get the sun back!!) then look no further than your local Wilkinson.

BNMx

Comments

  1. Lol, what does 'purpley' smell like? I am so curious I will have to get the cream and find out:) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing value! We're just about to re-stock on suncream for the summer, so a timely post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonny got some of this to review - Him & suncream really does not go well together. Poor Oli pops, He looked like a plum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont