Well here goes nothing....



Yes its that time again folks. It's Writing Workshop Week and this week Josie's gone all DIY on us.
Personally, I think that Josie is slowly running out of prompt ideas and is cheating !! (JOKE)

I'm kinda copying Liv's Little Bubble here and just writing and you never know I may also produce something good.

Anyway, I'm going to write a fabulous short story, try and write some fiction, do something on Escape.

Her Escape

She was lying there in the bath, the bubbles riding high and filling the air with the lavender smell she used to calm herself down. The only light in the room were the column candles flickering in the slight breeze that came from under the door.
All was quiet in here, her sanctuary. Her only moments of peace, her escape away from the hustle and bustle of her world. With one hand, she lent over and locked the door - closing away the world. She took one deep breath and submerged herself.
With her eyes closed and her body floating in the warmness of the deep womb like bath. Her mind started to empty. No thoughts of work, family life or problems entered her brain. She lay there, peace finally resting its head on hers. It had been a busy time, no time to stop, no time to be herself but now here finally everything was quiet. The only sound she could hear was the gurgling of the water in her ears.
A thought popped in her head, she could be like this forever. She didn't have to emerge from the water. She could just lie here and drift away into her watery grave. Why would she need to breathe again?
Who would miss her? Work certainly wouldn't - everyone is replaceable, the kids would probaly miss her a bit and then just get on with their lives, a life less hectic for them - no more being shouted at, no more tears or tantrums and her husband - well he would survive, he would be free to live his life again without the ball and chain strangling him.
Would they notice? They weren't here, he had taken them out for the day. They wouldn't realise until it was too late. She could never breathe again and they wouldn't care. She didn't care.
Why would anyone else.

That's all folks, I know its small but my juices of inspiration have stopped.
If you think you can do better, join in here .. go on I dare you!

Comments

  1. Creative little you!! Gosh I hope she doesn't do it, now I am hooked when is part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, you want a part 2.... ummm give me some time.. must get the juices a flowing first
    BNMx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that experience--its almost a luxury of sitting at the edge of that precipice knowing one can pull back at any second. And yet, if she were in front of a speeding bus, I doubt if she would stand there long enough to escape! I enjoyed this writing, I think there's a lot that many people could relate to in here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to build up tension!! Yes, we need a part 2, well done :) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, far better than my attempt! Thanks for the mention too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!

    I have actually had that exact experience. You described it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont