Long car journeys

Friday is nearing and so is the thought of keeping the kids entertained in the car for 4 hours, whilst also map reading (we don't have a Satnav in our house - we swore at the last one we borrowed and Neb is unsure if our cigarette lighter works so it wouldn't charge!). I've also just read that young children are OK in the car for 30 minutes and then they get restless!!

Car is now at that age where she will not fall asleep in the car, which to be fair is a bit of a bugger! It means that we have to think of ways to keep them enterained without leading to any wars, or an annoyed me! So, after a sweep of the internet, twitter, google and my brain - I have these ideas.

  • My House - game I've mentioned before but not going to work on motorway!
  • Car colour bingo -The girls get to pick a colour car (we try and not let Car pick purple! ) and first to 10 wins.
  • I spy - something which can only go on for so long - seeing as Car has not quite to grips with which letter starts which word
  • Singing
  • Food - this will keep both quiet for a while and I may even resort to bribery with sweets!
But then I realised these ideas are all great, but I need something which they can do themselves so I can also concentrate on the map reading (yes by holding the map upside down, I am a woman you know!). So, any or all ideas would be appreciated

BNM

Comments