Tomboy or Princess?

I'd like to point out something to you all.
I don't do handbags, make up, heels or fashion.
  • Once upon a time, I did make up, but I was young at uni and it only consisted of a bit of lippy and some mascara, I even did eyelash curlers! 
  • I don't do heels because I'm 5ft11 and too damned tall as it is! Handbags, I have two and maybe a couple of shoulder bags!  
  • And fashion, well I tend to do slummy Mummy wear - you know combats, jeans, maybe a couple of denim skirts, some tshirts!

So, the other day, while on Google+ (you know that the new thing that's not facebook and has more words than Twitter, that some of you are on, and I'm on there as other real me!)   I was talking to Claire about her chavy choice of handbag and I mentioned that I had two. She nearly popped a cork.  And then, it got me thinking, ( bad idea, thinking you know), will the fact that I am not a girly girl influence my kids.

Will they be Tomboys or Princesses?

Will they be like Suri Cruise, wearing make up, heels and  being a fashionista? I think not!

Or will they be tree climbing, adventure going girls. I think so.

But to be honest, whatever they are, they will always be healthy. They may wear skirts or trousers or run around bare and naked but they will always be my two little girls, my princesses, my bananas!

BNM




People trekking to raise money for UNICEF UK © Across the Divide
The UN has declared a famine in areas of Southern Somalia. Two million children in East Africa are malnourished and need urgent help. Please donate to UNICEF East Africa appeal.

As many of you have realised, the UNICEF appeal has been posted a lot by me this week. But we must help the children that are dying.. If you can help them please do so!

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont