Book Review - The Llandudno Pier Killings

I love crime thrillers and my shelves are full of them from Kathy Reichs to Jeffrey Deaver to allsorts inbetween.

Anyway I digress, at the start of lockdown when I picked up my kindle again and had enough of the news because there's only so much you can take in, I found the first book by this author (The Snowdonia Killings). The book attracted me to it because a) it was based in North Wales and b) had a female lead detective and c) there was a back story that noone knew much about at the start.

13 books later and we are in Llandudno - not a place you would think to set a crime thriller but the author has done this with all of his other books - based them in to outsiders small towns in Wales- but towns who I had would imagine have their own seedy back stories. Take Llandudno, quiet small town, full of goats that roam from the Orme but a quick Google told me that it is were the brutal murder of a young child took place in 1995. 

This book follows the DI as she solves the case as well as the back story that I won't spoil here. 

I've also checked and the next one is out later this month with another one in the pipeline. So that'll keep me busy for a bit of time.

Excellent writing, good if your a fan of police investigations and crime novels. I've also just read that a TV series of the books are in production.

Ffi


 


Comments