Musings from my head : Islands in the stream

Are you singing the song. Good.. this isn't about that though although I do love the song. Preferably the Gavin and Stacey version...

 

Get back to the subject Ffion

Yep, anyway I was looking at the blogs I used to read and the majority have like mine had disappeared into oblivion. Is it because blogging isn't the in thing any more? Is it becuase we want something quicker or something we can watch or is it becuase influencers have now taken over the world..

Or are they all streaming via Twitch or is this just gamers. 

Or is vlogging still a thing.

I think the issue is that I'm awkward and although I can write down the stuff in my head quite easily and happy to let you know about stuff I like that way I'm just not sure I'm the right person for TikTok or the right generation. I'm on it, as you know by now if you've been reading along I  tried to get the kids to teach me the dances during lockdown but there is nothing on my profile. I have TikToks saved mostly for cooking and some for days out but that's it.

Its sad to think that a community I was once part of is no longer as big a thing as before but thats not stopping me obviously.  I'll just hunt people down...kidding


BNM

Comments

  1. Oh, it's still there - just a totally different bunch, sadly. I miss a lot of the ones from back in the day. For a long while there, it was a quiet, dusty corner of the internet with just a few of us connecting. But I'm finding that it is still there - we just have to find each other, but we ARE out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this and then did some digging and found some from yours. Stalking it is then

      Delete
    2. I actually just remembered that Ally from The Spectacled Bean recently did an old fashioned blog roll - I bet you could find a lot there! https://thespectacledbean.com/delightful-blogroll/

      Delete
    3. Will add that to my list for the weekend.

      Delete
  2. A while ago I checked my blog for broken links and was shocked at how many of the older blogs have disappeared. I know a lot moved more onto YouTube but even that seems old fashioned now as everyone is more about Instagram and TikTok. I like watching videos but they're not for me. I am more about reading and writing blog posts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watching but for me it's all about the reading. I've read some good ones from your links so I will continue to hunt.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont