Writers Worskhop: Looking forward to

I am still here

 So it got busy in work last week, and I didnt get time to get round to blogging. Plus I went out on Monday night (a work night) and I think when I havent been in work this week I've been asleep!

Anyway, I thought I'd try a writing prompt for a change as I'm actually enjoying this writing/blogging malarkey again although have to remember not to write like this for the course in 18 days time!!

 I use to love a good prompt/ blog share / random thing so while reading Gig's blog  and happy to see that there are still some other blogs around I stumbled on Mama's Losin It who hosts a weekly writers workshop.

Anyway enough preamble best get to the writing

 

Writers Workshop: Looking forward to:  

Pulp - just not the real band!

So 12 weeks today, I am going down to London to see the band Pulp.

I've been to gigs before but the last time I went to a large gig was February 2020, just before we locked down.I had all the plans in 2020 after seeing The Script. After that event which I went to with my mate, we both started looking at other things to go and see not knowing that Lockdown was upon us. Since we were all let out, I have done other events including Big Tribute (a tribute event in my local area which I'd paid for back in 2020 and we all went last year.


Picture of me in a hat given to me by a friend as everyone was worried I'd burn

But the London gig, I'm really looking forward to it - J and I are going down to London where he used to live. And it wont just be about the gig it also will be seeing London through the eyes of someone who worked there, someone who lived there and not just the touristy bits that I've done before.

So yes, roll on July - and lets hope the weather is good and I can find something to wear! 

BNM


 

 




Comments

  1. Yay! I'm glad you are back at it (blogging) and enjoying it. And yay for the gig in London! I remember I had tickets for a Billy Joel concert back in April 2020. It got pushed back to 2021 and then got pushed back to 2022. That's when I asked for a refund because, at that point, who knew when it would be safe to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get ths - there was a comedian that has now been cancelled 4 times who was meant to be in December 2020 - it got pushed back so many times that on time 3 I decided against it. It was meant to be on this April but we cancelled when it was meant to be September last year. Its now been cancelled again. I mean maybe he just doesnt want to come to Wales!

      Delete
  2. Have a great time! Hope to see you frequently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm craving some good live music. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've caught some good bands recently in a small venue in our small town. I mean like less than 50 people. But yes, really looking forward to Pulp

      Delete
  4. Wow! That sounds like an amazing trip! I'd be counting down the days for it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just looking forward to memories and we've just decided to go to Bletchley Park (the home of the codebreakers) on the way down. I may have squealed with excitement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont