Super Mario Bros - A film review

 Sometimes Carys and I love going to the cinema


Now we haven't been for a while but as the mocks have finished I said I'd treat her (the mocks are the mock to her Year 11 exams here in the UK called GCSEs am sure you'll hear more about them in the coming months)

Now Abersytwyth (where we live) has three cinemas close by, all of them are single screen and they mostly tend to have similar films. The cinemas are:

 the commodore - a cinema that's been here ever since I was little and its where I've seen films throughout my life, for ages it used to have the advert about the carpet shop in town with a golden labrarodr rolling around on and it still has trailers before the main show with the ice cream hutch opening. It also has a bar in the basement which I have now been to (never been old enough before). Its a small one screen cinema and films arent always on straight after release

the libanus - now technically this isnt in Aber but its in a converted chapel 7 miles North of Aber and on the train route. This is a lovely one screen cinema where not only are there normal cinema seats there are sofas and blankets, great for snuggling. They also have naked men in the bathroom (I)'ve just spent the last 10 minutes trolling through my Google Photos as I thought I had one of the statutes - not actual men but I dont')

- the Art Centre cinema - again a small cinema that shows both films and has festivals including Anime and Horror. This is part of the Art Centre and on the university campus (where I work) and its the one we went to on Sunday. Now as this is part of an Art Centre, drinks and popcorn are premium and normally we take our own but I forgot! Anyway, Carys and their best friend and I , went in, found our seats and sat down.

Now, as Carys is 15, this wasnt the kind of film I thought she'd want to watch but it was an ideal family film. There was something for everyone, some nostalgia in the soundtrack for the parents with AHA and Beastie Boys in the mix. A tough princess for the little girls in the room, most definately a girl boss and then Jack Black was Bowzer.

If you haven't watched the film and are going to watch it then don't watch the clip below... but if you aren't then this was a funny part of the film for me at least.

So, Super Mario Bros is PG and out at all cinemas  (or has been we are always behind here) and definately a watch if you love the arcade game and want to reminisce.

Ffi


 


Comments