Hug your friends and family

Trying to write something here because we always know that writing is cathartic.

 Sunny blue skies here in mid Wales and I'm just numb. 
Yeah that's all I managed yesterday....

So trying again today. We all have those group of friends who will drop anything and be there for you. Mine are 3 other women who have shared life with each other from our A levels and probably a bit before. 

C,A and H. We did growing up and sleepovers in A's static caravan. Quails eggs fried egg sandwiches anyone with only salad cream. Or chocolate cake for breakfast. We went to uni and although we lost touch with H we all got back in touch and although we're all living our own lives we are all there for each other.

C and H nearly had a fall out over ex .. now Cs husband.  I may have slapped H in the face once.. no idea why..

C was one of the people my dad made me call when everything with the ex came to a head. 

During covid we used to chat especially as A was in New Zealand.  I reached out when my dad got stuck in the country as they had stopped all flights and she messaged him. 

I had seen C in town over Easter and she was planning a get together as A is back in the UK for a visit soon. And I was happy to catch up with my people.

But yesterday that dream has fractured and we are now all keeping fingers crossed or praying to anything for some good news. 

H is seriously ill in hospital having suffered a stroke. 46 and she's on a ventilation in a critical care unit. My hand is shaking typing this. She's been flown to the capital and there is nothing I can do. 

So. This is your call to hug your loved ones, and make those plans. Life needs to be grabbed in two hands and lived. And if you believe in a higher power please pray for H.

Comments

  1. Oh no! Sending massive love and hugs. I am so sorry about your friend. I will be thinking of her. I hope there is some good news. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend! I will keep her in my thoughts and pray that she recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont