Chocolate...... A Green&Black Review

Just before Christmas I (and several other mummies)were given the chance to eat test some chocolate thanks to the lovely people at Green & Blacks. 
A few weeks ago my envelope arrived and you can imagine the look on Neb's face when he saw the whole lot that arrived through our door.
Here (courtesy of my scanner) is what we got:


Actually this is a bit less than we got as we have gone through 2 large bars of milk cooks chocolate already - one on making very scrumptious hot chocolates - melt few squares in  milk in microwave and whisk until hot and yummy yummy. I also persuaded Neb (didn't take much mind) to make the Scrummy Chocolate Swirl Shortbread (recipe inside wrapper)  which I was going to show you but I went to scan them and there's nothing left but some crumbs (it wasn't me honestly!)

Now if you don't know, Green & Black's was started thanks to the founder of Whole Earth -Craig Sams and his chocaholic wife, Jo Farley who apparently sampled some chocolate from his desk (we've all done that though!!!) and thanks to her the first organic chocolate bar started. More information on their story can be found here.

Not only is Green & Black's chocolate organic but also Fairtrade and without the farmers of Belize and Dominican Republic this wonderful chocolate wouldn't be possible.

Alongside the fantastically orgasmic chocolate, we got sent a tasting guide so here is me and Neb's thoughts (apologies to Wi and Wa who also had a taste but I've lost the piece of paper!Sorry!)

White chocolate - was definately the best White I've tasted ( no more MilkyBar buttons for me), vanilla seeds pepperd throughout and I tasted an almost citrus note to it (get me, with my notes!!)

Milk chocolate (32%) - after tasting the White this was a slight disappointment and even though it has more % in than a normal Dairy Milk it didn't have that much of a taste.

Milk chocolate (34%) - absolutely fantastic chocolate, a strong comforting chocolate that if Neb had let me I would have finished there and then

Milk chocolate with almonds  (37%) - a sweet praline tasting chocolate with large pieces of almond scattered throughout

Milk chocoate with butterscotch  (34%) - aboslutely delicious chocolate speckled with pieces of butterscotch which hits your tongue as soon as you eat it. The chocolate had a salty taste which complemented the sweet butterscotch well.

Dark chocolate with Cherry (60%) - Neb had to eat this one on his own ('cept for when Car snaffled a bit!) and he reported that he could taste hints of spice, rum and blackpepper in the chocolate with the cherry biting through this. He did note though that he found some pieces of cherry stone. BTW have just noticed that Cherry wasn't in scanned pic its because I've just found empty wrapper on windowsill!

Dark (70%) - another one for Neb (even though I did have a small corner) - intense dark flavour which even for Neb was too dark.

Neb hasn't as yet tasted the 85% dark as he says that he may have trouble eating it so we are saving it to give to FIL when we see them next.

Our overall experience was fantastic - I'm totally in love with Green&Black's now and would have chocolate covered babies for them if possible. My favourite was the 34% Milk chocolate and Neb's is the one with butterscotch in. The cooking chocolate is also fantastic and good enough to eat as 'normal' chocolate.

Thanks to Green & Black's for the chocolate and to Neb, Wi and Wa for helping me to taste it.

Comments

  1. ooooh lucky, lucky you getting asked to review chocolate of all things! How'd you manage that? And how come no one has asked me to review shoes????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are my hero. Chocolate reviews? Seriously? Nothing better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, love Green and Blacks. How come they didn't ask me to eat their free chocolate? I just get people offering me vitamins and porridge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont