To Pawridge or to porridge that is the question - REVIEW

On Friday I  was lucky enough to receive an envelope full of PawRidge sachets to try.
(I did try and scan them this morning but apparently our scanner refused!)

Paw Ridge Oats are 100% Quaker Finely Rolled Oats which are basically oats that have been milled super thin to produce a deliciously smooth porridge. They come in sachets for easy microwave cooking - well it would be easy for normal people with super good microwaves, unfortunately our microwave seems to have come from the stone ages so it did take longer than the suggested 90 sec.

So what did the girls think, well after watching me and then Neb struggle to read the bit on the sachet where it says pour milk to here i.e on the sachet and not measure it out, and then struggle to get them just right with our pants microwave they loved it. I will say though that if you do measure the milk it can be too much and you end up having to through it away!

I love having porridge on a cold winters day (something Neb thinks is gross) and I try not to make it lumpy and Bel will eat it but Car will just play with it. So I was very happy to find both my girls happily eating away, though it is quite hot when it comes out of microwave and care should be taken to ensure no mouth burning occurs. We added syrup to ours as it does need an extra sweetener I think but if your used to eating plain porridge then carry on.

Not only were they great to eat, me and Bel also played a Paw Ridge version of top trumps with the characters on the sachets, Brenda, Marv and Derek. There is also a fabulous website (here) which we will look at tonight with games and facts on.

At around £1.99 for 10 sachets it is a good breakfast but but I would also like to see it in normal unsachet packs for the dweebs among us who need a new microwave... unless there's anyone out there who will give me one??

BNM
x

Comments