The Green, Green Grass

I love summer, its my favourite time of year.

The grass is always lovely and luscious and green but whoah how it grows. I'm currently typing this as Neb is cutting fighting the grass (waist high!!OOPS!) in our back garden.
I love the house we're in at the moment as it does have a back garden as well as a small front but I would love for it to be just so. You know the type of back gardens you see with a kids play area, a shed, a vegetable patch  and a place to relax for grown ups.

I'd love for the girls to have a playhouse or failing that something like this:

I'd love to have a patio or a deck near to the house ( a place for adults and children, a place to relax in the evening!):


A shed for Neb to keep his tools and escape to when having three women in the house will get to him (!):

Neb would like something like this:

but I would prefer something like this:

- a place where I could escape too - to get some me space ( with maybe a small cupboard for his tools!!)

And of course a vegetable patch so I coud try to grow some fruit and vegetables ( because you know how I love being patient and growing things)


Unfortunately these may be only pipe dreams as :

 - our back garden is on a slope and will need a lot of work doing to it to be terraced like our next door neigbours
- all of these (above) are expensive and money is not something we have
- neither I or Neb are green fingered.

So, if anyone knows of any (free) garden designers that would help then please let me know. I'm going to close the door soon though as grass is great but it sets off my hayfever!!

I'm gonna leave you all now, with the only song that I can link to this:

Comments

  1. I have great dreams for my garden too and it is nice daydreaming to while away some time:) I prefer your idea of the garden shed btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there, eventually. It takes lots and lots of time to get everything just right.

    I've read great things about container gardens, you might want to check out southernliving.com and google. And as far as your green-fingeredness do your research and you'll be surprised at how green those fingers can be. I know how you feel, I have visions for our yard that far exceed the means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous ideas - I love the ladies shed - a definite must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the plaything and the lounge-shed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've coveted things all my life (result of being brought up in the west i guess), and now i'm in my mid 30s i seem to have moved on to coveting other people's gardens. (it used to be shoes).

    http://marketingtomilk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont