Who's the mummy??

Sorry did you think I was.

Um,well you know I thought I was too, you know I gave birth, dress, feed. nurture them but apparently I have been usurped (big word which I think means taken over and if I'm wrong tell me!!) by a 6 year old. Yes, ladies and gentlemen (I know you lurk there somewhere) the new Mummy in the house is Bel.

Car has decided that apparently listening to her mum would be too much like hard work and the terrible twos have hit us hard. After talking to a neighbour whose daughter is younger, I'm unsure whether she has hit terrible twos or whether she's suffering from second child syndrome - if you have a second child who is a monster 99% of the time and only an angel for the short 5% of the time that you are in the company of the others then you will know what I mean.

Anyway, I digress, Car is ignoring me. I tell her off she laughs or kicks out. I repeat myself and she just carries on regardless ...but then Bel steps in and repeats what I've said and she stops, apologizes (!!) and returns to madness normality!!

This is driving me mad and I'm gonna explode. We have had issues of Bel mothering Car before but now its getting worse. I have asked her nicely not to treat Car like she was her mother and she says she won't but then will. Or worse, she will turn round to Car and said (this is something Neb overhead this week) "You can come into my bedroom but if you touch or move anything then you're leaving"!

Great, my daughters are showing their true colours - Bel has turned into SuperMummy  and Car has turned into Miss Bossy Boots. God help me when they turn into teenagers - has anyone got room for me to camp out in please??

BNM

PS. I'm sorry if I've been slow blogging this week but so busy in work I don't know which way is up!

Comments

  1. Hey, I'm not lurking! You know I'm here commenting... I do it often enough, don't I? And as for your co-parent - give thanks! That sounds like the kind of support I need... have you heard Charlie today on the radio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey @The Dotterel I didn't mean you .. I seem to have a random follower called John( who seems to be new!)
    I love the radio interview and if you want Bel I'm sure we can hire her out!!
    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more than welcome to share a room at my house when they're teenagers.. providing my two (and the oh) can go to yours.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, sounds like fun and games, pretty similar here though, were me and my brother like this to our mum? I dont think so but on the other hand might refrain from asking and keep that perfect angel thought of myself firmly installed in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I dunno, I quite fancy somebody I can delegate to.

    Can I borrow Bel ?

    Free Italian lessons and all the pizza she can eat !

    I'll even let her take over the home education if she fancies.

    We should get on.

    She sounds just like me with my little brother and sister when we were small.

    Before they grew taller than me and rebelled (curses !)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think Bel could get Man-Child to listen?? If so, please send her ASAP! But if not, we've got a room that you are welcome to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, sorry, this did make me laugh. In some ways I wish my youngest WOULD listen to my eldest, as it might stop some of the squabbling! (Having said this, their favourite game at the moment is currently "playing mummies", so maybe there is hope for me yet). Oh, and please don't mention teenage years - the thought of those scares me too much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont