Just lie back and think of England

Well it's started. The Football World Cup is here - well nearly here in less than a few hours!(unless you've been hiding under a rock you will knwo that)...the continuos adverts on every food item, on tv, newspapers will be full of it . And I'm just meant to lie back and take it all in.

I don't think so, I'm WELSH and we're not in the World Cup - we didn't make it through the qualifiying (suprise, suprise) and the last time we did qualify was 1958 where we made it through to the finals (I asked Google and got the answer from Wikipedia so it may not be right!).

I'm not jealous, I don't support England - I never will. I do love all my friends but they know that I won't. I mean Neb is English (even if he was born in Jamaica) but even he wears Welsh rugby shirts now. His brother Nad has threatened to buy the girls English rugby shirts and I have said that I will burn them. My MIL keeps on saying that I must ensure the girls are aware of both sides of their heritage but I live in Wales so WHY.

I will support any team that play England to the hilt, whoever they may be.

But to be honest with you, the world cup is one thing I will not be watching. Football is a game I do not enjoy or understand - please don't try and explain the off side rule to me it has been tried before and I don't get it. If you want to watch a real world cup then why not wait until next year for the 2011 Rugby world cup. Rugby = the game which is played in heaven!

BNM


PS Here's a round up of the other views on the World Cup that I've noticed in blogland.. If you have blogged about the World Cup then why not add it to the McKLinky here:

1966 - Clinically Fed up - another anti England supporter - its because we're celtic honest!

World Cup Fever: A Rallying Cry - Very Bored in Catalunya - someone has to cheer them on!

England - Mere Bagatelle - just in case you can't remember what the flag looks like, but tell me what part of the Union Jack is Welsh!

World Cup Fever - Almost Thirty Three - well I suppose it'd be hard to miss the party spirit if you are there

Comments

  1. "I will support any team that play England to the hilt, whoever they may be."

    Wot ! Even if it is Italy ???

    I hate football, but my life won't be worth living if that lot win (again) and leave England in the dirt.

    I'll never hear the end of it.

    I may have to fiddle with the Sky box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to support Portugal - have you seen how good looking they are???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me, I feel honored considering all the rest of the posts are anti-football, or anti England! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you.. I don't enjoy football.. I'm not English so why would I support the English National team?

    The other half is also welsh but not quite as patriotic as me (if that's what you can call it - probably more stubbornness if you ask me though).

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this sums me up http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8733373.stm

    Basically girls I don't really do football but if it were a life or death thing I would support Anyone But England!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why yes, I had been living under a rock, quite happily too, until I saw this post this morning and now I've been hearing about it everywhere, which is really quite odd since no one here cares about your football (we call it soccer)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont