Potties,Presentations and Painting

Hello everyone, sorry that I've been missing this week - it has been a very busy one and I keep forgetting what day it is!!

Anyway the week started well as we have managed (yes with bribing) to get Car to sit on her potty (YEAH!!). She will only sit on it for a few minutes and so far we've had nothing in it but I think its a big step and we will persist with asking her to sit on it and then maybe one day in the not so distant future she may decide to pee! At least she doesn't scream as much now.

I've also done a presentation this week for work, a module that I'm doing - it luckily went well (even though I did feel really sick before doing it) and now I only have to wait 18 days before I do the big one for the conference. Still really shitting myself on this one but I did buy myself a skirt today to wear on one of the days:


I really like it and as it has a large waist it makes me look slim - I'm thinking of teaming it with black top and maybe some red beads! What do you think? Still need to work out what to wear to the meal (AAGH) and the other day but am sure I will work something out!

Neb is currently varnishing the fence that we built (with a neighbours help). The girls are out watching him as we speak so your lucky that I managed to post today - I thought it was Thursday and Neb was in pool tonight but its Wednesday isn't it.

Anyway must sign off now before anyone comes back in.

BNM

Comments

  1. Glad to know that you're ok! You'll do just fine, I am sure. Oh, and I LOVE that skirt, btw!! I think a semi-tailored black shirt with red beads would look peachy, or maybe if you could get some of the pink and white in (just a suggestion).
    Good luck on your presentation!
    Keep on swimming with the potty thing, it'll happen when she's ready, as long as she doesn't start to think its a lounge-chair with a porcelain view. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skirt! I think it will look great with a black top. Good luck with the conference presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great skirt I like it.

    We had a nightmare with potty training and gave up but sounds like your approach is good by gently easing her into it, let me know how you get on and any tips you have. We are going to try again next month.

    Good luck at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt. I think the black top and red beads would be perfect, but I hasten to add that I am not uh, not ummmm, you know, not good with that kind of thing :) So see what others say :D Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skirt. Perfect w/black shirt & red beads. How old is Car again? Potty training takes time, just remember - it's not like she'll be going to college in diapers. But I know how frustrating it is. Maybe keep pointing out what a big girl Bel is for going on the potty, etc. Eventually she'll want to be a big girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used jelly beans to bribe Ollie to use the potty. He just needed a little push along!

    That is a lovely skirt and I think you are spot on with a black shirt and red beads. Id put either red or black shoes with it also. You will look smashing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont